💫THE GIFT OF GRACE
When you donate, you support the animals sanctuaried here, plus others we‘re then able to take in. We rely solely upon fundraising and donations. Your donation is tax deductible and goes entirely and directly to the care of our animals.
Puppy and adult dog food. Hay and grain for horses. Shavings for stalls. Pee pads. Disinfectant wipes. Paper towels. Blankets. Dog toys. Fly spray for horses. Apples. Carrots.
• To coordinate, email firstname.lastname@example.org
• If you shop Amazon — check our Amazon Wish List
Know of anyone with a:
🚚 Truck - donate it for animals, food & supplies
🚐 RV / trailer /camper - help us create a housing-4-work exchange
Every interaction you have with our animals helps them socialize and to become more adoptable. Especially for those who have suffered mistreatment — just being with them peacefully helps to build trust and confidence.
• Dogs -cleaning up, walking on leash, practicing simple commands (sit, lie, come, stop), brushing, playtime
• Horses - feeding, grooming, mucking out stalls, refilling water buckets
Volunteering makes you feel good and it’s great for your physical, mental, and emotional health. Build or refresh your experience, develop responsibility, gain skills, and work with others. There’s plenty of open, green space — enjoy being outdoors!
Our Dog’s Advice: Rocco’s Top 10
1. I’m curious – let me come to you
2. Understand I need to smell you
3. Let‘s walk together
4. Explore with me
5. I like to play
6. Feed me
7. Clean my living space
8. When I look ready, pet me
9. Scratch my “spot “
10. Also, behind my ears, please!
10. Let‘s enjoy each other and feel connected
Adopt an animal into your home.
Or adopt an animal by sponsoring them to live at Graceland Meadows. and enjoy a sponsor pack and visits!
Sponsoring for a friend or family member is a one-of-a-kind gift. We’ll send a sponsor pack!
Top 10 Reasons to Adopt
1. End senseless deaths. Nearly 2 million adoptable dogs and cats are euthanised every year in the U.S., according to national estimates. The U.S. Department of Agriculture reports that 9.76 billion land animals were slaughtered in 2020.
2. Save a life, plus support the next animals coming to Graceland Meadows.
3. Wipe out puppy mills. By adopting - rather than buying from a store, the internet or an ad - not one penny goes to puppy mills and their brutal practices.
4. Experience the world, together with your new companion – from a fresh, shared perspective.
5. Welcome the psychological, emotional, and physical benefits -from increased exercise, to lower blood pressure, reduced stress, loneliness, and anxiety.
6. Develop empathy, responsibility, and curiosity. Perfect if your home includes a child.
7. Bring home a rescue; they are often already house-trained and used to living with a family!
8. Discover a purpose.
9. Learn to use your senses and live the moment.
10. Get in touch with your wild side.
Contributions to Graceland Meadows Animal Rescue & Sanctuary, Inc. are tax-deductible.
Graceland Meadows Animal Rescue & Sanctuary, Inc. is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
New York State registered charity.
New York State registered shelter/rescue.
Copyright © 2022 Graceland Meadows Animal Rescue & Sanctuary, Inc.- All Rights Reserved